Confidentiality and Consent Form for Mentoring
Sydney Online Counselling and Coaching
Linda Magson Counselling and Coaching Pty Ltd
Welcome to Sydney Online Counselling and Coaching! As part of accessing this service, you agree to the terms stated on this page and consent to engaging in this service, as described on the website, located at https://www.lindamagsoncounselling.com.au.
You are entitled to access your personal information kept on file and retained for a period of 7 years, when you advise us in writing and identify the information required. Exceptions are noted under the NSW Health Record and Information Privacy Act 2002 (HRIP Act).
Privacy and Confidentiality
Linda Magson is a Clinical Member and Accredited Supervisor with the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA). It is a requirement that all counsellors follow strict guidelines for professional conduct in line with PACFA’s Code of Ethics, The Public Health Act 2010, and the Public Health Regulation 2012.
Limits to Confidentiality
All personal information gathered by Sydney Online Counselling and Coaching will remain confidential except when required, as follows:
- It is subpoenaed by a court; or
- Failure to disclose the information would, in the reasonable belief of Sydney Online Counselling and Coaching, place you or another person at serious risk to life, health or safety; or
- Your prior approval has been obtained to:
a. provide a written report to another professional or agency. e.g. GP, school or a lawyer;
b. discuss the material with another person, e.g. a parent, employer or health provider, referral partner, or booking service;
c. disclose the information in another way; or
4. You would reasonably expect your personal information to be disclosed to another professional or agency (e.g. your GP) and disclosure of your personal information to that third party is for a purpose which is directly related to the primary purpose for which your personal information was collected; or
5. Disclosure is otherwise required or authorised by law; or
6. When consulting with colleagues, or in the course of supervision, your counsellor/supervisor will be required to conceal your identity and any associated parties involved; and to preserve your privacy at the utmost professional manner in accordance with the PACFA Code of Ethics.
Consequence of Not Providing Personal Information
If you do not wish for your personal information to be collected in a way anticipated by this consent form, Sydney Online Counselling and Coaching may not be in a position to provide the service to you.
- Mentoring sessions are $130 for an hour’s session.
- You can either pay at the time of booking or at the time of your appointment.
You can reschedule an appointment up to 24 hours beforehand through Sydney Online Counselling and Coaching’s secure online booking system with Cliniko.
A minimum of 24 hours is required for a cancellation, otherwise the session fee will apply. Please let me know if there are exceptional circumstances and I’ll be happy to consider them.
I am only available during weekday working hours and am not equipped to operate a crisis service. Please let me know if you are going through any major issues in your life and I may be able to provide extra support or a referral to an appropriate service.
In the event of a crisis, you can contact the following 24-hour telephone counselling services:
- Beyond Blue 1300 22 4636
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- Mensline 1300 78 99 78
- 1800respect.org.au (1800 737 732)
- Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467
I take all due care to provide you with a respectful and high-quality Mentoring service. If you have any concerns about the management of your information or the service provided, please discuss these with me. If you do not feel that your concerns have been taken up, you can contact my professional association (PACFA) or the NSW Health Complaints Commission.
By consenting to this service offered by Sydney Online Counselling and Coaching, you agree to the terms stated on this page and consent to the approach outlined on my website, located at https://www.lindamagsoncounselling.com.au.
Online session protocols
Data collection and secure, high quality video calls
Video calls are accessed through Cliniko, a secure cloud-based Healthcare Practice Management that meets and exceeds the strict privacy and security standards, and data regulations of the Australian Privacy Principles, GDPR, and HIPAA.
- Set yourself up in a comfortable, private space where you won’t be disturbed
- Use headphones or ear buds for audio quality
- Have water, tissues, notebook & pen at hand
- Only use a secure Wi-Fi network that is password protected
- We need to start and finish on time so please allow an hour for our session (or 70-mins for couples).
I look forward to working with you on your goals for Life Coaching and/or Counselling.
Linda Magson, Clinical Member PACFA. Reg. 21210